Thursday 29 January 2009

Times Higher Education


Some time ago I was passed an email from the Times Higher Education (THE) looking for examples of innovative practice in assessment. I responded positively on behalf of the University - Clearly I don't know all the good work that is going on at UH, but given my position in the Blended Learning Unit, I do get a scent of good things outside of engineering too!

Little happened for a while and then a couple of weeks back I engaged in a telephone interview with Rebecca Attwood. The THE journalist writing the piece. Really pleased to see that 'some' of what I said found its way to the article and I am pleased too to help put Hertfordshire on the map. We have many things to be proud of here - just as other HEI's do too. The article can be found here


I really enjoyed the article - great Job Rebecca, but it was a tad disappointing to note that the contributions came from the same 'names'. Surely there are more of us out there with a passion for assessment?

I would love to read a piece with great contributions from academics / staff developers whose names I have never heard of / or are not so intimately connected with assessment but nevertheless are as passionate about the students' experience and the impact that assessment has. Just a thought :-)

No comments: